Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Raptors Suck



It's hard to be a Sports fan in the city of Toronto.

I use to go to a lot of Toronto Raptors games with my friends and it was always a good time. But I haven't been to one game this year. Here are some reasons why.

  • It is harder to be interested in the team when I can't watch them on TV. A lot of their games are on TSN 2 or Sportsnet 1, and I don't have those channels. I think all of Toronto’s teams have lost a bit of their fan base from all these sport channels, that are just around to make money.
  • Knowing that once a player becomes a Star in the league they will want to leave Toronto to get more exposure in US markets, so they can promote their stupid websites. Like really does every player now need a website and to brand themselves.
  • They have lost 15 out of the last 16 games. That doesn’t make me want to spend my hard earned cash.
  • The players are really overpaid for what they do in my mind.
  • I have been lucky enough to meet 2 former Raptors, and let’s just say it wasn’t a pleasant meeting with both. One couldn’t believe I didn’t want to go home with him. Compare that with the one hockey player I have met (Cujo) and he was amazing and signing autographs for everyone who asked and was so down to earth and nice. So I think I look at Basketball players a little differently now.
  • The game can be pretty slow with all the time outs and stoppages.
  • And finally it’s not Hockey

No comments:

Post a Comment